Some of the most interesting news often happens in the suburbs and the just-completed year was no exception.
The most-read NOW online story of 2011 was an item on a 70-year-old St. Francis man who found a missile buried in the wall of his bathroom. How did it get there? We don't know for sure, but a former owner of the house was a World War II veteran known to collect war souvenirs.
We invite you to take a look back at some of the other most popular stories from 2011:
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa common council asks lawmakers to support Innovation Campus in state budget
- Falls sees continued growth in development in 2014
- St. Camillus in Wauwatosa plans demolitions, new buildings up to 21 floors
- Educators grouip Sigma State, at Wauwatosa meeting, hears troubling insights into sex trafficking
- Wauwatosa schools' annual library funding higher than expected
- Simma's Bakery expanding in Wauwatosa with closing of PJ's Frame & Gallery
- Past Concordia dean, a Wauwatosa resident, turns King of Squares
- In Our Schools: May 7
- Deadline for Falls spring brush pickup is Sunday, May 10
- News and Notes: May 7