A 20-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for stabbing her boyfriend during a fight at his Wauwatosa home about 2:30 a.m. Saturday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man was holding a towel to his head, but blood was streaming down his face and covered his clothing. He said he had been robbed and stabbed in Milwaukee, but on the way to Froedtert Hospital he changed his story to say he was attempting suicide.
The man has cerebral palsy, and his mother said he couldn't physically stab himself. She said the relationship between her son and his girlfriend had been violent in the past two years.
His girlfriend eventually said she was trying to leave and he got angry, so she "poked" him in the head with a knife. She also told officers where the knife was hidden. She said they decided to come up with the robbery story before calling paramedics.
Large pools of blood and clothing covered in it were found in the basement of his home.
The woman was arrested for aggravated battery, while the man received stitches to close the wound at the back of his neck.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options