A 20-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for stabbing her boyfriend during a fight at his Wauwatosa home about 2:30 a.m. Saturday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man was holding a towel to his head, but blood was streaming down his face and covered his clothing. He said he had been robbed and stabbed in Milwaukee, but on the way to Froedtert Hospital he changed his story to say he was attempting suicide.
The man has cerebral palsy, and his mother said he couldn't physically stab himself. She said the relationship between her son and his girlfriend had been violent in the past two years.
His girlfriend eventually said she was trying to leave and he got angry, so she "poked" him in the head with a knife. She also told officers where the knife was hidden. She said they decided to come up with the robbery story before calling paramedics.
Large pools of blood and clothing covered in it were found in the basement of his home.
The woman was arrested for aggravated battery, while the man received stitches to close the wound at the back of his neck.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School