Wauwatosa residents can bring medications and personal documents to the City Hall parking lot, 7725 W. North Ave., for safe disposal from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
Tosa United, a coalition of the city's Health and Police departments and the Wauwatosa School District, is collecting expired or unused prescription and over-the-counter drugs.
Residents are urged to clean out their cabinets and turn unneeded or expired medications in. This keep drugs out of local waterways and prevents children from digesting them.
Proper disposal also can prevent prescription drug abuse by teens. Teens who obtain pills that don't belong to them often find the drugs in their homes or the homes of friends or baby-sitting clients.
Also from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Wauwatosa Crime Stoppers will host document shredding to help residents protect their identities. Bring up to three boxes of confidential and personal household papers, such as old checks, pre-approved credit card offers, banks and credit card statements, bills and any other documents that contain personal information.
Paper shredding services are free of charge, but $30 will be charged to dispose of computer hard drives. Donations to Crime Stoppers are appreciated.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Thousands of items on sale at Wauwatosa Public Library in late October
- Wauwatosa School District to host 'Autism Insights and Strategies'
- Public invited to name baby giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes (1)
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop