Six teens were arrested for disorderly conduct and prowling after they attacked two boys and robbed them of their cell phones Friday night.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
An 18-year-old man from Milwaukee and some friends were playing basketball at a Milwaukee school when they got word a friend had been jumped at a Wauwatosa West High School football game. They drove to Alioto's, 3041 N. Mayfair Road, where they met up with additional friends in the parking lot at about 10 p.m.
Someone in the group pointed to two boys, ages 14 and 15, standing at a bus stop across the street and said they must have been involved in the attack on their friend. The group ran across Mayfair Road, forcing drivers to hit their brakes to avoid striking the teens.
Members of the group jumped the younger boys, threw them to the ground, punched and kicked them and took their cell phone. The boys waiting for the bus said they had been on their way home from the football game and had no idea why they were attacked.
One of the victims had scrapes to his face and nose, while the other had a cut above his eye.
Police found the 18-year-old man and five friends hiding in neighboring yards. The man, two 16-year-old boys and a 17-year-old boy all said they had been involved in the fight so they were arrested for disorderly conduct and prowling. Another 16-year-old and 17-year-old were arrested only for prowling.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- On The Move: September 4
- Athleta coming to Mayfair
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects