The traffic signals on State Street at 68th and 70th streets will be flashing red Tuesday while a railroad maintenance project is completed.
Canadian Pacific Railroad will be working on the bungalow that houses its signal equipment at 70th and State streets, said Bill Porter, city public works director. It was damaged during an accident with a high lift earlier this year.
Work is expected to be completed by the evening traffic rush, he said.
The crossing gates at 68th Street will continue too function as normal, but the gates at 70th Street will not operate during this time. Flagmen will be onsite while work is under way. Railroad traffic will be slowed down approaching the flagmen, and engineers will sound horns to give warning of approaching trains.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools