The traffic signals on State Street at 68th and 70th streets will be flashing red Tuesday while a railroad maintenance project is completed.
Canadian Pacific Railroad will be working on the bungalow that houses its signal equipment at 70th and State streets, said Bill Porter, city public works director. It was damaged during an accident with a high lift earlier this year.
Work is expected to be completed by the evening traffic rush, he said.
The crossing gates at 68th Street will continue too function as normal, but the gates at 70th Street will not operate during this time. Flagmen will be onsite while work is under way. Railroad traffic will be slowed down approaching the flagmen, and engineers will sound horns to give warning of approaching trains.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Bavaria, relatively new, harkens to the old world
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 30
- Annual 'Tosa's Night Out' is Aug. 4 at Hart Park
- Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall: Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 30
- Mayfair holds back-to-school style event
- Tosa police: stealing vehicles to 'joy ride' is new trend among criminals (2)
- Medical College of Wisconsin construction begins Aug. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue