A 54-year-old Wind Lake man has been arrested for an attempted child abduction in Wauwatosa last week.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
A 17-year-old girl was walking home from school when she noticed a vehicle following her. When she got to the 11800 block of Diane Drive, the driver stopped and got out of the vehicle. He said: "Hey baby, come home with me. Get in the car. I'll drive you home later."
She turned and walked away, but he grabbed onto her arm and started pulling her. She was able to pull away and run.
Her father said she was visibly upset when she arrived home at 3:10 p.m.
The man was arrested after police saw him driving a vehicle matching the description provided by the girl.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- STEM enrollment likely to remain where it is
- North Avenue apartment plan advances
- Wauwatosa approves extended-stay hotel at Innovation Campus
- Police Report: March 12
- Walsh will work to bring community together
- Walsh is committed to service, would benefit Tosa
- Tosa woman charged with theft from DNR
- Developer brings a faded North Avenue building back to life
- This Week in Tosa History: March 10
- In Our Schools: March 13