Clean out the garage, basement and storage shed and bring items for disposal to Wauwatosa City Hall from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District will hold its annual hazardous household waste collection in an effort to keep substances from antifreeze and fluorescent light bulbs to paint and gasoline from polluting local waterways. For a full list of accepted items, go to mmsd.com.
Items will be disposed of at no charge for Milwaukee County residents. Businesses aren't permitted to use the drop off.
In fall cleanup mode? Here's a heads up for more disposal opportunities. Unused medications will be collected by Tosa United and the Wauwatosa Crime Stoppers will offer document shredding services at City Hall on Sept. 24.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Protesters stage 'die-in' at Mayfair mall in support of Dontre Hamilton
- Tin-punch ornaments at Wauwatosa's Kneeland-Walker House honor Len Borkowski
- Former Maharaja partner opens India Garden in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: Dec. 25
- Two years later, the loss of Wauwatosa Officer Sebena remains keen
- Cafe Blue opens in East Tosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Dec. 25
- News & Notes: Dec. 25
- The wheel of life keeps rolling at Johnson's bike store
- In Our Schools: Dec. 25, 2014