Clean out the garage, basement and storage shed and bring items for disposal to Wauwatosa City Hall from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District will hold its annual hazardous household waste collection in an effort to keep substances from antifreeze and fluorescent light bulbs to paint and gasoline from polluting local waterways. For a full list of accepted items, go to mmsd.com.
Items will be disposed of at no charge for Milwaukee County residents. Businesses aren't permitted to use the drop off.
In fall cleanup mode? Here's a heads up for more disposal opportunities. Unused medications will be collected by Tosa United and the Wauwatosa Crime Stoppers will offer document shredding services at City Hall on Sept. 24.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 3
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (2)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27