Clean out the garage, basement and storage shed and bring items for disposal to Wauwatosa City Hall from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District will hold its annual hazardous household waste collection in an effort to keep substances from antifreeze and fluorescent light bulbs to paint and gasoline from polluting local waterways. For a full list of accepted items, go to mmsd.com.
Items will be disposed of at no charge for Milwaukee County residents. Businesses aren't permitted to use the drop off.
In fall cleanup mode? Here's a heads up for more disposal opportunities. Unused medications will be collected by Tosa United and the Wauwatosa Crime Stoppers will offer document shredding services at City Hall on Sept. 24.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Power restored to Eisenhower after classes canceled
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30