The man who robbed Open Pantry at gunpoint Saturday night is suspected of committing a dozen similar crimes in the Milwaukee area.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
A man wearing a homemade green mask with holes cut for the eyes walked into Open Pantry, 11216 W. Bluemound Road, at 9:17 p.m. Saturday and made his way directly to a cash register.
He pointed a silver revolver with a long barrel at the clerk, yelling, "Give me all your money, and hurry up!"
After she handed over an undisclosed amount of cash, the robber ran out of the convenience store.
The Milwaukee Police Department said the incident was similar to an attempted robbery at a liquor store on 91st Street and Oklahoma Avenue earlier in the evening. In fact, they believe this one suspect is responsible for at least a dozen attempted or successful armed robberies since Aug. 19, including the incident at the Tobacco Outlet at 117th Street and North Avenue in Tosa on Aug. 22.
The man is described as black, in his late 20s or early 30s, about 5 feet, 10 inches to 6 feet tall, and having a thin build. During the Open Pantry robbery he was wearing a yellow shirt, darker gray jacket with the hood up, a mask and light-colored gloves.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dry cleaner seeks expansion into old City Market in Wauwatosa
- Twirly Birds vintage store plans return to Wauwatosa
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives