The man who robbed Open Pantry at gunpoint Saturday night is suspected of committing a dozen similar crimes in the Milwaukee area.
According to a Wauwatosa police report:
A man wearing a homemade green mask with holes cut for the eyes walked into Open Pantry, 11216 W. Bluemound Road, at 9:17 p.m. Saturday and made his way directly to a cash register.
He pointed a silver revolver with a long barrel at the clerk, yelling, "Give me all your money, and hurry up!"
After she handed over an undisclosed amount of cash, the robber ran out of the convenience store.
The Milwaukee Police Department said the incident was similar to an attempted robbery at a liquor store on 91st Street and Oklahoma Avenue earlier in the evening. In fact, they believe this one suspect is responsible for at least a dozen attempted or successful armed robberies since Aug. 19, including the incident at the Tobacco Outlet at 117th Street and North Avenue in Tosa on Aug. 22.
The man is described as black, in his late 20s or early 30s, about 5 feet, 10 inches to 6 feet tall, and having a thin build. During the Open Pantry robbery he was wearing a yellow shirt, darker gray jacket with the hood up, a mask and light-colored gloves.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern