The Wisconsin Restaurant Association will honor a Wauwatosa teacher and a local chef for their contribution to education to foodservice education.
Wauwatosa East High School family and consumer education teacher Barb Bruesewitz has been named the High School Educator recipient for the 2011 Salute to Excellence Award. She instructs students in the ProStart curriculum, a two-year college preparatory course designed to teach high school students the skills needed for a career in the restaurant and foodservice industry. Annually, students participate in state culinary competitions during the Wisconsin Restaurant Expo.
Jason Tofte, executive chef at Eddie Martini's, was chosen at the ProStart Mentor of the Year. He's worked with upperclassmen as part of Wauwatosa East's culinary arts program on culinary techniques, knife skills, sanitation and time management, and he has coached the team before the expo competitions.
The Salute to Excellence awards will be presented Oct. 9 at the Heidel House Resort in Green Lake.
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Truck carrying appliances collides with railroad bridge in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: The Flower Lady stays true to the Village, and finds room to grow
- Tosa fire chief named to Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs Association
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30