Two years after local Rotary clubs raised more than $1 million and built the performance pavilion at Hart Park, the city looks to be receiving another gift.
This time, Wauwatosa Rotary Club wants to donate a flagpole on the east side of the pavilion. The group sent a letter to the city asking for permission to install a pole and put a light on top of the pavilion to shine on the flag as it flies at night.
The city would be responsible for providing the flag and electricity for the light. Public Works Director Bill Porter recommends the city accept the donation; the matter goes to the Board of Public Works next Monday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair