Two men have been charged with burglarizing a Wauwatosa home following a standoff with police in Milwaukee last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A resident interrupted the burglary of his home in the 1800 block of North 72nd Street about 8:45 a.m. Aug. 30. He saw a man run to a vehicle and drive off with a computer and electronics items valued at $9,100.
While police were tracking the vehicle, a second burglary was reported involving a similar vehicle. The resident of the 1800 block of North 72nd Street heard the doorbell ringing. Not wanting to deal with solicitors, she ignored it until she started hearing the loud bang of a person trying to force the door. When the man at the door saw her, he took off.
Police spotted the vehicle in Milwaukee. Ramone Baker, 23, of Milwaukee, allegedly got out of the vehicle and ran, eventually entering a Sherman Boulevard home. A woman was seen waving her arms and yelling from the foyer. She said she didn't know the man who had just arrived.
After surrounding the house and giving Baker several warnings to come out and surrender, tactical and canine units entered the home and brought him out.
James Bailey, 56, of Milwaukee was found hiding in the vehicle. He had an MP3 player, external computer hard drive and a crack pipe in his pockets.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)