A mailman was held up at gunpoint while on the job in the 2400 block of North 62nd Street on Saturday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The postal carrier saw two men dressed all in black pass him. A few moments later, he heard a voice behind him say, "Give me all your money." He turned around and saw a man pointing a semiautomatic handgun in his face. The robber again demanded money, but the postman told him he didn't have any.
The robber ran across the street, where a second man was watching and waiting.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options