A mailman was held up at gunpoint while on the job in the 2400 block of North 62nd Street on Saturday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The postal carrier saw two men dressed all in black pass him. A few moments later, he heard a voice behind him say, "Give me all your money." He turned around and saw a man pointing a semiautomatic handgun in his face. The robber again demanded money, but the postman told him he didn't have any.
The robber ran across the street, where a second man was watching and waiting.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: Aug. 7
- Woman leaves dog in hot car, charged with animal cruelty
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new math requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drivers