Extensive fire damage and the structural collapse of the home at 1430 N. 119th St. make it impossible to determine the cause of the fire that killed John K. Lorentz, 50, on Aug. 18, officials have said.
According to a statement released by Wauwatosa Fire Chief Rob Ugaste:
The state fire marshal has concluded the investigation, which did determine that the fire began in the northeast portion of the second floor.
The medical examiner's report states that Lorentz died of smoke inhalation and thermal injuries. A toxicology report is pending.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Thirsty Duck brings duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 2
- Gov. Scott Walker attends Wauwatosa bike race weeks before expected presidential run announcement (5)
- Kate Spade New York store to open at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa Meetings: July 2
- Wauwatosa News IQ: June 25
- Woman arrested, accused of stealing $3,613 in cologne at Mayfair Collection
- Seeing East Tosa success, ‘Mid Town’ seeks its own brand (1)
- Village of Wauwatosa launches valet service (1)
- 18-year-old charged in two Wauwatosa burglaries