Extensive fire damage and the structural collapse of the home at 1430 N. 119th St. make it impossible to determine the cause of the fire that killed John K. Lorentz, 50, on Aug. 18, officials have said.
According to a statement released by Wauwatosa Fire Chief Rob Ugaste:
The state fire marshal has concluded the investigation, which did determine that the fire began in the northeast portion of the second floor.
The medical examiner's report states that Lorentz died of smoke inhalation and thermal injuries. A toxicology report is pending.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director
- In Our Schools: April 24
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority