Extensive fire damage and the structural collapse of the home at 1430 N. 119th St. make it impossible to determine the cause of the fire that killed John K. Lorentz, 50, on Aug. 18, officials have said.
According to a statement released by Wauwatosa Fire Chief Rob Ugaste:
The state fire marshal has concluded the investigation, which did determine that the fire began in the northeast portion of the second floor.
The medical examiner's report states that Lorentz died of smoke inhalation and thermal injuries. A toxicology report is pending.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes
- Transit officials: proposed BRT system could attract thousands of new riders
- Wauwatosa Business Notes: May 26
- Wauwatosa officer rescues seven ducklings trapped in storm sewer
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Remember the fallen; voting in schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 15 - 21
- Wauwatosa School Notes: May 26