A 13-month-old child who was choking on a piece of hard candy was rushed to the hospital by a Wauwatosa police officer Saturday, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also in the report:
An officer was patrolling the 3900 block of 124th Street when a frantic 20-year-old woman clutching a child flagged down his squad.
The 13-month-old was having difficulty breathing and saliva was frothing from her mouth.
The officer radioed for an ambulance, but as the baby's body began going limp, he took her into his squad car and rushed her to Children's Hospital.
The baby appeared to lose, and then regain, consciousness on the way and was handed over to emergency room staff who were able to remove the obstruction.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools