A 13-month-old child who was choking on a piece of hard candy was rushed to the hospital by a Wauwatosa police officer Saturday, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also in the report:
An officer was patrolling the 3900 block of 124th Street when a frantic 20-year-old woman clutching a child flagged down his squad.
The 13-month-old was having difficulty breathing and saliva was frothing from her mouth.
The officer radioed for an ambulance, but as the baby's body began going limp, he took her into his squad car and rushed her to Children's Hospital.
The baby appeared to lose, and then regain, consciousness on the way and was handed over to emergency room staff who were able to remove the obstruction.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa resident Phil Dimeo hid his failing eyesight, and spells it out in a book (1)
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Daly's is helping to bring the fountain pen back
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 23
- U-Haul moving into former Harley-Davidson plant in Wauwatosa
- Teen apparel store Garage coming to Mayfair
- Wauwatosa Public Forum
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa