Pay tribute to the emergency response workers who gave their lives 10 years ago at the World Trade Center by honoring local police and fire officials Sunday, Sept. 11.
Mayfair invites people to sign a thank you card for the Wauwatosa Fire and Police departments in the mall's Center Court between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday.
General Growth Properties, the owner of Mayfair and more than 130 other malls, is partnering with 9/11 Day of Service and Remembrance (911day.org), created to inspire millions of people to annually pay tribute on the anniversary of 9/11 by pledging to perform good deeds, support charitable causes, volunteer and engage in acts of compassion.
Mall representatives will deliver breakfast and lunch to the Wauwatosa Fire and Police departments as a way of thanking the men and women who serve and protect our community each day.
"This is an opportunity for Mayfair to unite with the nation as we honor and remember the victims, family members, survivors, rescue and recovery workers, and countless volunteers who were affected on that tragic day," said Steve Smith, Mayfair senior general manager, in a news release. "Though the enormity of what happened will never be forgotten, the spirit of the American people persevered. What better time to show the strength and goodness of our country than on the 10-year anniversary of 9/11?"
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23