Pay tribute to the emergency response workers who gave their lives 10 years ago at the World Trade Center by honoring local police and fire officials Sunday, Sept. 11.
Mayfair invites people to sign a thank you card for the Wauwatosa Fire and Police departments in the mall's Center Court between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday.
General Growth Properties, the owner of Mayfair and more than 130 other malls, is partnering with 9/11 Day of Service and Remembrance (911day.org), created to inspire millions of people to annually pay tribute on the anniversary of 9/11 by pledging to perform good deeds, support charitable causes, volunteer and engage in acts of compassion.
Mall representatives will deliver breakfast and lunch to the Wauwatosa Fire and Police departments as a way of thanking the men and women who serve and protect our community each day.
"This is an opportunity for Mayfair to unite with the nation as we honor and remember the victims, family members, survivors, rescue and recovery workers, and countless volunteers who were affected on that tragic day," said Steve Smith, Mayfair senior general manager, in a news release. "Though the enormity of what happened will never be forgotten, the spirit of the American people persevered. What better time to show the strength and goodness of our country than on the 10-year anniversary of 9/11?"
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4