Three Wauwatosa teens were the victim of separate strong-armed robberies on three consecutive days.
According to Wauwatosa Police Department reports:
The first incident involved a 13-year-old boy who was walking with a friend at 74th Street and North Avenue when three males started following and asking the boys if they wanted to smoke. The boys declined and kept heading for home when one of the trio asked for his MP3 player and another wanted his watch.
When the 13-year-old refused to hand over the items to the older boys, he was punched in the face. He took off his watch and ran away yelling at 6 p.m. Aug. 15. A witness stopped and called police.
The victim showed officers wounds to his upper lip.
Three Milwaukee boys - ages 13, 14 and 15 - were arrested for the robbery a few blocks away.
The next day, a boy was walking in the 2300 block of North 63rd Street when he saw six males on the sidewalk staring at him at about 3 p.m. He decided to walk through the alley, but soon heard footsteps from behind. The men started coming at him from different directions and one yelled "give me what's in your pockets" between punches.
On Aug. 17, a third robbery occurred in front of Eckert Door, 6510 W. State St., at 11:10 p.m. A 17-year-old boy heard someone run up behind him, so he turned. He was punched in the face and was knocked to the ground by the impact. The robber reached into his pockets as he got several more punches in.
During the beating, a car pulled up and driver told the robber to hurry up. The suspect ran to car with the victim's MP3 player, cell phone and wallet.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Daly's is helping to bring the fountain pen back
- Waukesha School District expanding partnership with Montessori private school
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 23
- U-Haul moving into former Harley-Davidson plant in Wauwatosa
- Teen apparel store Garage coming to Mayfair
- Wauwatosa Public Forum
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa