Drunken riding is what drew attention to two 19-year-old Milwaukee men arrested for possession of stolen property.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The duo was seen riding and repeatedly falling off bicycles outside of Alterra Coffee, 2292 Swan Blvd., at 6:10 a.m. Aug. 13. A coffee shop employee called police after the men rode over flowers.
When officers stopped the men, one had a GPS and the other was carrying a charger, both of which had been taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 2100 block of North 70th Street.
One of the men had bloody knees, because he kept falling off his bike, which had been stolen from the 8300 block of North Avenue. He was intoxicated and said he had taken Xanax.
The friends said they had entered five unlocked vehicles and planned to sell the GPS.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?