Drunken riding is what drew attention to two 19-year-old Milwaukee men arrested for possession of stolen property.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The duo was seen riding and repeatedly falling off bicycles outside of Alterra Coffee, 2292 Swan Blvd., at 6:10 a.m. Aug. 13. A coffee shop employee called police after the men rode over flowers.
When officers stopped the men, one had a GPS and the other was carrying a charger, both of which had been taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 2100 block of North 70th Street.
One of the men had bloody knees, because he kept falling off his bike, which had been stolen from the 8300 block of North Avenue. He was intoxicated and said he had taken Xanax.
The friends said they had entered five unlocked vehicles and planned to sell the GPS.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (9)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building