Drunken riding is what drew attention to two 19-year-old Milwaukee men arrested for possession of stolen property.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The duo was seen riding and repeatedly falling off bicycles outside of Alterra Coffee, 2292 Swan Blvd., at 6:10 a.m. Aug. 13. A coffee shop employee called police after the men rode over flowers.
When officers stopped the men, one had a GPS and the other was carrying a charger, both of which had been taken from an unlocked vehicle in the 2100 block of North 70th Street.
One of the men had bloody knees, because he kept falling off his bike, which had been stolen from the 8300 block of North Avenue. He was intoxicated and said he had taken Xanax.
The friends said they had entered five unlocked vehicles and planned to sell the GPS.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new science requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drive
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31