The Wauwatosa Fire Department extinguished its third house fire in a week's time Saturday evening.
There were no injuries, but about $70,000 in damage was done to the house at 11408 W. Potter Road, Deputy Chief James Case said.
Fire officials have not yet determined the cause of the fire.
The call came in at 5:51 p.m., and when firefighters arrived, they found flames and heavy smoke coming from the attic and second-floor. The fire was quickly distinguished, Case said.
Earlier this week, the Fire Department battled two other blazes. On Aug. 14, a fire likely due to electrical problems caused $70,000 in damage to a home in the 1400 block of North 65th Street.
On Thursday, a home at 119th and Cherry streets was destroyed by fire and one person was found dead.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options