A 19-year-old Wauwatosa man who got out of control and was arrested for disorderly conduct Aug. 10 said he only had energy drinks made up of malt liquor and caffeine in his system.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Officers responded to a home in the 8000 block of West Wisconsin Avenue about 5 p.m. Aug. 9 because a parent had called in to report a son who was acting out and had smashed a toilet seat. He had taken his mother's bicycle and ridden off before police arrived.
He returned home about 1:30 a.m. and rang the doorbell, but a house rule stipulates he is not allowed inside if he's not home by midnight. He continued to knock and ring the doorbell and pushed his way into the house, so the police were called.
He struggled with an officer in the yard and caused a disturbance. His parents said they had never seen him act this way and believed he had taken drugs. His blood pressure was low so the jail wouldn't accept him. He was taken to Froedtert Hospital, where he denied taking drugs but said he had had four large cans of malt liquor/caffeine drinks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa firefighters captured on video battling car flames
- German retailer VOM FASS opens at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa man involved in fatal Dane County crash
- Wauwatosa Holiday Happenings 2015
- Stone Creek Coffee looks to open Harwood Avenue location in Tosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26