A 19-year-old Wauwatosa man who got out of control and was arrested for disorderly conduct Aug. 10 said he only had energy drinks made up of malt liquor and caffeine in his system.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Officers responded to a home in the 8000 block of West Wisconsin Avenue about 5 p.m. Aug. 9 because a parent had called in to report a son who was acting out and had smashed a toilet seat. He had taken his mother's bicycle and ridden off before police arrived.
He returned home about 1:30 a.m. and rang the doorbell, but a house rule stipulates he is not allowed inside if he's not home by midnight. He continued to knock and ring the doorbell and pushed his way into the house, so the police were called.
He struggled with an officer in the yard and caused a disturbance. His parents said they had never seen him act this way and believed he had taken drugs. His blood pressure was low so the jail wouldn't accept him. He was taken to Froedtert Hospital, where he denied taking drugs but said he had had four large cans of malt liquor/caffeine drinks.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa's Firefly Art Fair a natural landscape of beauty
- Residents invited to help design Wauwatosa skatepark
- Accordionist wows folk dancing club with range of international music
- Business Notes: July 31
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014