A 19-year-old Wauwatosa man who got out of control and was arrested for disorderly conduct Aug. 10 said he only had energy drinks made up of malt liquor and caffeine in his system.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Officers responded to a home in the 8000 block of West Wisconsin Avenue about 5 p.m. Aug. 9 because a parent had called in to report a son who was acting out and had smashed a toilet seat. He had taken his mother's bicycle and ridden off before police arrived.
He returned home about 1:30 a.m. and rang the doorbell, but a house rule stipulates he is not allowed inside if he's not home by midnight. He continued to knock and ring the doorbell and pushed his way into the house, so the police were called.
He struggled with an officer in the yard and caused a disturbance. His parents said they had never seen him act this way and believed he had taken drugs. His blood pressure was low so the jail wouldn't accept him. He was taken to Froedtert Hospital, where he denied taking drugs but said he had had four large cans of malt liquor/caffeine drinks.
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Truck carrying appliances collides with railroad bridge in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: The Flower Lady stays true to the Village, and finds room to grow
- Tosa fire chief named to Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs Association
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30