A 21-year-old Milwaukee man has been charged with armed robbery for allegedly pulling a gun on a man trying to sell costume jewelry in a Burger King bathroom about 2:15 p.m. Aug. 11.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The victim, a 49-year-old Milwaukee man, had been visiting restaurants to try to sell costume jewelry to the employees. When he found no interest at Burger King, 3880 N. 124th St., he left, but a 41-year-old employee stopped him and said a co-worker wanted to buy something in the restroom. The seller went inside and showed gold chains and women's rings to Isaiah Guy, whom he said pulled a handgun from his waistband and demanded the jewelry.
Once outside the restaurant, the seller called 911. Police arrived and searched Burger King for the gun, which was found, loaded, in a box of cup lids.
Guy has previously been convicted for dealing marijuana and two counts of possession of a firearm by a felon. Co-workers said he is a gang member and frequently talks about weapons.
Meanwhile, the victim's buddy, a 57-year-old Milwaukee man, was trading jewelry for drugs by the garbage receptacles. He put the drugs and jewelry in his car and drove to a nearby business when he heard the police had been called. He is on federal probation for bank robbery. But he walked back to Burger King to check on his friend and was arrested for drug possession.
The man that flagged down the seller had 1.6 grams of marijuana on him. He was arrested for drug possession. He had previously been convicted of dealing cocaine and marijuana.
- Anodyne Coffee plans to open location in Wauwatosa Village (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23