A 21-year-old Milwaukee man has been charged with armed robbery for allegedly pulling a gun on a man trying to sell costume jewelry in a Burger King bathroom about 2:15 p.m. Aug. 11.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The victim, a 49-year-old Milwaukee man, had been visiting restaurants to try to sell costume jewelry to the employees. When he found no interest at Burger King, 3880 N. 124th St., he left, but a 41-year-old employee stopped him and said a co-worker wanted to buy something in the restroom. The seller went inside and showed gold chains and women's rings to Isaiah Guy, whom he said pulled a handgun from his waistband and demanded the jewelry.
Once outside the restaurant, the seller called 911. Police arrived and searched Burger King for the gun, which was found, loaded, in a box of cup lids.
Guy has previously been convicted for dealing marijuana and two counts of possession of a firearm by a felon. Co-workers said he is a gang member and frequently talks about weapons.
Meanwhile, the victim's buddy, a 57-year-old Milwaukee man, was trading jewelry for drugs by the garbage receptacles. He put the drugs and jewelry in his car and drove to a nearby business when he heard the police had been called. He is on federal probation for bank robbery. But he walked back to Burger King to check on his friend and was arrested for drug possession.
The man that flagged down the seller had 1.6 grams of marijuana on him. He was arrested for drug possession. He had previously been convicted of dealing cocaine and marijuana.
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (10)