The son of a Brookfield man convicted of sexual assault told officers he was having a hard time dealing with his father's incarceration, and he'd started using drugs after that, police said. He was arrested for drug use Aug. 10, in front of the same Wauwatosa apartment complex where the sexual assault occurred last year.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Police received a report at 9:12 a.m. Aug. 10 that people had been sleeping in a vehicle outside Mayfair Manor Apartments, 2435 N. 111th St., for the past several nights.
Officers found an 18-year-old Brookfield man and a 17-year-old Wauwatosa girl, who had been reported as a runaway, asleep in the car. The man said he'd been thrown out of his home by his mother because they both were having a difficult time dealing with his father's conviction.
A search turned up 1.2 grams of marijuana and two pipes, so he was arrested for drug possession. In addition, he was arrested for theft because his car matched the description of a vehicle that had driven off without paying for gas at Mayfair Mobil, 3106 N. Mayfair Road, Aug. 7.
He said he started drinking and smoking pot after his father's conviction this spring.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new science requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drive
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31