The son of a Brookfield man convicted of sexual assault told officers he was having a hard time dealing with his father's incarceration, and he'd started using drugs after that, police said. He was arrested for drug use Aug. 10, in front of the same Wauwatosa apartment complex where the sexual assault occurred last year.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Police received a report at 9:12 a.m. Aug. 10 that people had been sleeping in a vehicle outside Mayfair Manor Apartments, 2435 N. 111th St., for the past several nights.
Officers found an 18-year-old Brookfield man and a 17-year-old Wauwatosa girl, who had been reported as a runaway, asleep in the car. The man said he'd been thrown out of his home by his mother because they both were having a difficult time dealing with his father's conviction.
A search turned up 1.2 grams of marijuana and two pipes, so he was arrested for drug possession. In addition, he was arrested for theft because his car matched the description of a vehicle that had driven off without paying for gas at Mayfair Mobil, 3106 N. Mayfair Road, Aug. 7.
He said he started drinking and smoking pot after his father's conviction this spring.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety