The son of a Brookfield man convicted of sexual assault told officers he was having a hard time dealing with his father's incarceration, and he'd started using drugs after that, police said. He was arrested for drug use Aug. 10, in front of the same Wauwatosa apartment complex where the sexual assault occurred last year.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Police received a report at 9:12 a.m. Aug. 10 that people had been sleeping in a vehicle outside Mayfair Manor Apartments, 2435 N. 111th St., for the past several nights.
Officers found an 18-year-old Brookfield man and a 17-year-old Wauwatosa girl, who had been reported as a runaway, asleep in the car. The man said he'd been thrown out of his home by his mother because they both were having a difficult time dealing with his father's conviction.
A search turned up 1.2 grams of marijuana and two pipes, so he was arrested for drug possession. In addition, he was arrested for theft because his car matched the description of a vehicle that had driven off without paying for gas at Mayfair Mobil, 3106 N. Mayfair Road, Aug. 7.
He said he started drinking and smoking pot after his father's conviction this spring.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000