A concerned motorist was punched in the face after he offered help to a truck driver at 68th and Center streets Aug. 3.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The victim was stopped at a red light when he saw a truck "blow" through, weave along the road and abruptly pull over. Concerned the driver might be experiencing a medical problem, he pulled up next to the truck and asked the driver if he was OK.
The truck driver and passenger started swearing and told the motorist to mind his own business. The concerned driver tried to leave but found himself at another red light.
The truck pulled up, and the passenger exited. He banged on the driver's window and told him to get out and fight, then stood in front of the driver's car so he couldn't leave. The driver had rolled down his window so the man couldn't break it, and he got punched in the face.
Police found the truck at a nearby gas station, but the driver took off. Officers pursued him for more than a mile, but did not catch him.
Officers found the man the next day, and when he resisted arrest, they used a stun gun to aid in apprehending him. He was wanted on several warrants for driving with a revoked license, and he was wanted by the state Department of Correction for violating probation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23
- In Our Schools: Oct. 23
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring
- T.J. Maxx opening Oct. 30 in Wauwatosa
- Business Spotlight: Designing, contracting go hand in hand for French Country Pine