A concerned motorist was punched in the face after he offered help to a truck driver at 68th and Center streets Aug. 3.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The victim was stopped at a red light when he saw a truck "blow" through, weave along the road and abruptly pull over. Concerned the driver might be experiencing a medical problem, he pulled up next to the truck and asked the driver if he was OK.
The truck driver and passenger started swearing and told the motorist to mind his own business. The concerned driver tried to leave but found himself at another red light.
The truck pulled up, and the passenger exited. He banged on the driver's window and told him to get out and fight, then stood in front of the driver's car so he couldn't leave. The driver had rolled down his window so the man couldn't break it, and he got punched in the face.
Police found the truck at a nearby gas station, but the driver took off. Officers pursued him for more than a mile, but did not catch him.
Officers found the man the next day, and when he resisted arrest, they used a stun gun to aid in apprehending him. He was wanted on several warrants for driving with a revoked license, and he was wanted by the state Department of Correction for violating probation.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers
- Irish Fest gears up for week of classes at Tosa's CelticMKE Center
- Tosa Skateboarders United hosts first event since opening of new park
- Friends of Center Street Park will launch new barbecue event July 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: June 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (4)