A concerned motorist was punched in the face after he offered help to a truck driver at 68th and Center streets Aug. 3.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The victim was stopped at a red light when he saw a truck "blow" through, weave along the road and abruptly pull over. Concerned the driver might be experiencing a medical problem, he pulled up next to the truck and asked the driver if he was OK.
The truck driver and passenger started swearing and told the motorist to mind his own business. The concerned driver tried to leave but found himself at another red light.
The truck pulled up, and the passenger exited. He banged on the driver's window and told him to get out and fight, then stood in front of the driver's car so he couldn't leave. The driver had rolled down his window so the man couldn't break it, and he got punched in the face.
Police found the truck at a nearby gas station, but the driver took off. Officers pursued him for more than a mile, but did not catch him.
Officers found the man the next day, and when he resisted arrest, they used a stun gun to aid in apprehending him. He was wanted on several warrants for driving with a revoked license, and he was wanted by the state Department of Correction for violating probation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 17-23 (1)
- Monarch-friendly plants for sale in Wauwatosa Sunday
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape (2)
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (6)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28