An intoxicated Wauwatosa woman allegedly punched two people in random acts of violence as she walked with her three children Wednesday night. Now she's charged with misdemeanor counts of battery, disorderly conduct and disorderly conduct while armed.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The driver of a moped was stopped as a train crossed at 70th and State streets about 7 p.m. Wednesday. The 33-year-old mother, Cory Christopherson, approached from behind and punched the driver in the side of the face several times, then threw a cup of beer and pushed her off the moped. The driver wasn't injured because she was wearing a helmet, but the moped was damaged.
When police responded to the moped driver's call, Christopherson had made her way to the Pick 'n Save parking lot, 6950 W. State St. The driver of a vehicle there stopped to allow the family to cross in front of her, but Christopherson approached the car and the driver rolled down the window. The mother reached in and punched the driver.
The man riding as passenger got out of the vehicle and followed the family at a distance as they walked to a home in the 6800 block of St. James Street. Christopherson is accused of exiting the house a few minutes later carrying a knife and yelling obscenities at the man.
All of the victims said the violence was unprovoked.
As Christopherson was arrested, the father of her three sons, ages 6 to 10, came to pick them up. He said she had stabbed him in 2002 while she was off her medication. Her record showed an arrest for second-degree recklessly endangering safety.
She kicked and clawed officers' hands, causing bleeding.
The oldest son said his mother had been drinking all day and she had been walking them to the bus stop to send them to their father. Along the way she just walked up to people and punched them in the face, but he had no explanation as to why she did it.
Christopherson was charged Friday, but she failed to show up for court so a warrant was issued for her arrest.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting