A 19-year-old Muskego man was arrested for possession of heroin and drug paraphernalia after his friend stopped breathing in the Dairy Queen parking lot, 6520 W. North Ave., about 6 p.m. July 27.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The Muskego man was seen performing CPR on his friend, a 23-year-old Wind Lake man. A neighboring business owner called 911 so the Muskego man grabbed his drug paraphernalia - including items typically used when selling drugs - and ran.
When the Wind Lake man came to, he gave several names and birthdates. He was arrested for providing false information to an officer. He is a recovering drug addict staying in a sober living facility in Milwaukee. He started using again following his grandfather's death.
The friends were in Wauwatosa to buy liquor at a North Avenue shop.
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 28
- On the move: April 26, 2016