A 19-year-old Muskego man was arrested for possession of heroin and drug paraphernalia after his friend stopped breathing in the Dairy Queen parking lot, 6520 W. North Ave., about 6 p.m. July 27.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The Muskego man was seen performing CPR on his friend, a 23-year-old Wind Lake man. A neighboring business owner called 911 so the Muskego man grabbed his drug paraphernalia - including items typically used when selling drugs - and ran.
When the Wind Lake man came to, he gave several names and birthdates. He was arrested for providing false information to an officer. He is a recovering drug addict staying in a sober living facility in Milwaukee. He started using again following his grandfather's death.
The friends were in Wauwatosa to buy liquor at a North Avenue shop.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Empire Fish
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why yield when turning right into my own lane?
- Jackson's Blue Ribbon looks to bring duckpin bowling to Wauwatosa
- No serious injuries reported in rollover crash on Highway 45 at Watertown Plank
- Longtime Wauwatosa resident receives Distinguished Citizen Award
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: April 2
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Arpil 2
- Wauwatosa's Barbara Mohr brings cartoon characters to life on Easter eggs
- State Reps. Hutton and Kooyenga hold town hall meetings in Wauwatosa
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2