A 19-year-old Muskego man was arrested for possession of heroin and drug paraphernalia after his friend stopped breathing in the Dairy Queen parking lot, 6520 W. North Ave., about 6 p.m. July 27.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The Muskego man was seen performing CPR on his friend, a 23-year-old Wind Lake man. A neighboring business owner called 911 so the Muskego man grabbed his drug paraphernalia - including items typically used when selling drugs - and ran.
When the Wind Lake man came to, he gave several names and birthdates. He was arrested for providing false information to an officer. He is a recovering drug addict staying in a sober living facility in Milwaukee. He started using again following his grandfather's death.
The friends were in Wauwatosa to buy liquor at a North Avenue shop.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 10
- Menomonee River 14-year-old drowning victim identified
- Comb 'N Shear in Wauwatosa gives personalized service
- Ask Now: Will the city ever collect recyclables on a weekly basis?
- University Lab School may be stuck without a home
- Wauwatosans cheer on one of their own in Tour de France
- Briggs & Stratton moves 370 jobs to Tosa plant
- Weekly Planner: July 17
- Parents push for intermediate Montessori in Wauwatosa