A 19-year-old Muskego man was arrested for possession of heroin and drug paraphernalia after his friend stopped breathing in the Dairy Queen parking lot, 6520 W. North Ave., about 6 p.m. July 27.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The Muskego man was seen performing CPR on his friend, a 23-year-old Wind Lake man. A neighboring business owner called 911 so the Muskego man grabbed his drug paraphernalia - including items typically used when selling drugs - and ran.
When the Wind Lake man came to, he gave several names and birthdates. He was arrested for providing false information to an officer. He is a recovering drug addict staying in a sober living facility in Milwaukee. He started using again following his grandfather's death.
The friends were in Wauwatosa to buy liquor at a North Avenue shop.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Two businesses in same building burglarized
- Wauwatosa Montessori students practice mind-body awareness with help from Growing Minds program
- Exercising eminent domain, Wauwatosa seeks warehouse property for school drop-off site
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Therapist finds himself enriched by a life shaped by transitions
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Jan. 29
- Wauwatosa offers 'Citizen's Academy' course
- Wauwatosa schools consider largest investment yet in facilities; discuss replacing buildings