An alert Wauwatosa police officer may have found a sexual assault suspect last week when he noticed a familiar vehicle along Menomonee River Parkway.
According to a Tosa police report:
The officer saw a blue Jeep Cherokee parked in the 3800 block of Menomonee River Parkway at 1:34 p.m. Inside were a man and a younger woman. The vehicle matched descriptions of that used by a man who had sexually assaulted young women on two occasions, the most recent assault happening in February.
When the officer questioned the driver, a 46-year-old Milwaukee man, said the two were family friends who had known each other for years. A short while later, he changed his story and said they had met about 45 minutes ago at a bus stop and that he was giving her a ride to the mall.
The 24-year-old Milwaukee woman said the man told her he was looking for someone to spend money on at Mayfair. In the vehicle, he tried to rub her leg and offered her money for sex. She admitted to having worked as a prostitute in the past but said she was not looking to provide sexual favors in this case.
Initially, she gave an alias, so she was arrested for providing false information to an officer.
The man was arrested for the past sexual assaults and the district attorney is reviewing the cases.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade