An alert Wauwatosa police officer may have found a sexual assault suspect last week when he noticed a familiar vehicle along Menomonee River Parkway.
According to a Tosa police report:
The officer saw a blue Jeep Cherokee parked in the 3800 block of Menomonee River Parkway at 1:34 p.m. Inside were a man and a younger woman. The vehicle matched descriptions of that used by a man who had sexually assaulted young women on two occasions, the most recent assault happening in February.
When the officer questioned the driver, a 46-year-old Milwaukee man, said the two were family friends who had known each other for years. A short while later, he changed his story and said they had met about 45 minutes ago at a bus stop and that he was giving her a ride to the mall.
The 24-year-old Milwaukee woman said the man told her he was looking for someone to spend money on at Mayfair. In the vehicle, he tried to rub her leg and offered her money for sex. She admitted to having worked as a prostitute in the past but said she was not looking to provide sexual favors in this case.
Initially, she gave an alias, so she was arrested for providing false information to an officer.
The man was arrested for the past sexual assaults and the district attorney is reviewing the cases.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair