A 44-year-old registered sex offender has been charged with trespassing and vandalism following an altercation at his Wauwatosa girlfriend's home that led to a manhunt Sunday night.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Michael Fink of East Troy got into an argument with his 24-year-old girlfriend while they were driving in Milwaukee. He kicked her out of the car, so she called a friend and waited for a ride.
Meanwhile Fink's car ran out of gas, so he showed up at the girlfriend's home - she lives with her parents in the 1000 block of 115th Street - and continuously rang the doorbell. Her mother told him to leave but he refused, so she called police at 11:10 p.m.
Fink left before officers arrived, but he returned shortly after police took off. They responded a second time but again he already had left.
When Fink returned for a third time, his girlfriend was home. He kept pounding on the door until he forced it open. He is accused of putting his girlfriend in a chokehold.
The girlfriend's father chased Fink out of the house. She was taken to Froedtert Hospital for treatment of a broken hand, allegedly suffered while defending herself from his strikes to her face.
Fink, who is on the Wisconsin sex offender registry due to a second-degree sexual assault conviction, wears a monitoring ankle bracelet. The state Department of Correction tracked him to the 11900 block of Underwood Parkway. A Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office police dog flushed Fink out from the river; he was arrested for battery and trespassing at 2:15 a.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern