Two men robbed a home in the 500 block of 98th Street at gunpoint Saturday night.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 23-year-old man and his girlfriend were hanging out in his upstairs bedroom while his three roommates threw a party downstairs. After the roommates left about 11:45 p.m., the girlfriend decided to move her vehicle into the driveway, so she started down the stairs. She said she was met by two men with t-shirts covering most of their faces, one carrying a gun.
One of the men headed upstairs, where he told the man, "Give me everything, this is a robbery." The robber was carrying a gym bag and called the resident by his nickname. The man handed over $2,000 to $3,000, watches and jewelry, a videogame system and games, cell phone, keys and more.
At one point, the woman was thrown to the ground in the hallway and ordered not to talk.
Police asked why the man didn't report the incident right away. He said he wanted to talk to his roommates first and that none of them told him to report it. However, his parents urged him to report the home invasion.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director