Two men robbed a home in the 500 block of 98th Street at gunpoint Saturday night.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 23-year-old man and his girlfriend were hanging out in his upstairs bedroom while his three roommates threw a party downstairs. After the roommates left about 11:45 p.m., the girlfriend decided to move her vehicle into the driveway, so she started down the stairs. She said she was met by two men with t-shirts covering most of their faces, one carrying a gun.
One of the men headed upstairs, where he told the man, "Give me everything, this is a robbery." The robber was carrying a gym bag and called the resident by his nickname. The man handed over $2,000 to $3,000, watches and jewelry, a videogame system and games, cell phone, keys and more.
At one point, the woman was thrown to the ground in the hallway and ordered not to talk.
Police asked why the man didn't report the incident right away. He said he wanted to talk to his roommates first and that none of them told him to report it. However, his parents urged him to report the home invasion.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School