A 60-year-old Wauwatosa man was arrested for disorderly conduct after he threatened the lives of his neighbor's children Friday evening.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A mother went outside to tell her 10-year-old daughter and 6-year-old son, who were playing in the 12200 block of West Dearbourn Avenue, that it was time to come in about 7:50 p.m. July 22. She didn't find them immediately, so she started to yell out for them to come home.
Meanwhile, the man came out of his apartment and asked what the mother was doing. When she replied that she was looking for her kids, he had a scary message for her: "You better watch your kids. You better watch them, they might not come home tonight. You might want to check by the train tracks later on. I cut them from neck to groin."
The mother started to panic and called 911. Although the children returned before officers arrived, the mother was worked up and sobbing. She said her neighbor had threatened her kids in the past.
The man told officers he was frustrated with the children in the neighborhood playing in the grassy area near his apartment, even though it is common space.
The man's record includes sexual assault and recklessly endangering a child. His history combined with the homicidal statements led police to take him to Milwaukee County Mental Health for evaluation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School