A 60-year-old Wauwatosa man was arrested for disorderly conduct after he threatened the lives of his neighbor's children Friday evening.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A mother went outside to tell her 10-year-old daughter and 6-year-old son, who were playing in the 12200 block of West Dearbourn Avenue, that it was time to come in about 7:50 p.m. July 22. She didn't find them immediately, so she started to yell out for them to come home.
Meanwhile, the man came out of his apartment and asked what the mother was doing. When she replied that she was looking for her kids, he had a scary message for her: "You better watch your kids. You better watch them, they might not come home tonight. You might want to check by the train tracks later on. I cut them from neck to groin."
The mother started to panic and called 911. Although the children returned before officers arrived, the mother was worked up and sobbing. She said her neighbor had threatened her kids in the past.
The man told officers he was frustrated with the children in the neighborhood playing in the grassy area near his apartment, even though it is common space.
The man's record includes sexual assault and recklessly endangering a child. His history combined with the homicidal statements led police to take him to Milwaukee County Mental Health for evaluation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances