A 42-year-old Milwaukee man is facing a felony charge of fifth-offense drunken driving after he drove into a Wauwatosa gas station Friday evening.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Drivers at Highway 45 and Mayfair Road called in a reckless driver who had hit the curb in several spots and whose vehicle had smoke coming from it at 6:13 p.m. As Brett Lieungh drove his Mercury Grand Marquis past Congress Street, he reportedly came close to hitting a pedestrian.
When his car pulled into the gas station at 11131 W. Hampton Ave., it struck the building. The damage looked cosmetic and the impact was minimal.
When officers confronted Lieungh, he couldn't stand up or walk. He required a wheelchair to enter Wisconsin Heart Hospital for a blood test.
A breath test conducted nearly four hours after his arrest, after he had become more coherent, showed a 0.19 blood-alcohol content.
Lieungh has four convictions for drunken driving on his record, dating back to 1996. He was charged Saturday for his fifth offense and driving with a revoked license.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Anthony Nash of Wauwatosa East wins EFW T-shirt design contest
- Tosa Skatepark seeks graphic designer for firefly image
- Wauwatosa high schoolers will each receive personal Chromebook next year, according to plan
- Menomonee River Parkway temporarily closed for excavation
- Carhartt coming to Wauwatosa's Mayfair Collection
- Wauwatosa News IQ: March 5
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015