A small business specialist position has been put on the shelf until the city's 2012 budget picture becomes clearer.
The Employee Relations Committee on Tuesday voted to put the request to create the position on file, which means that no action will be taken at this time but it could be brought up again.
With the city facing a $2.3 million budget shortfall next year and a shortfall of $8 million over five years, there has been concern among some committee members about adding staff. The Budget Committee will start meeting to consider funding requests in September.
Proposed compensation includes a $51,000 to $71,000 salary plus benefits.
The draft job description calls for the holder of the post to provide small business development assistance, coordinate retail and commercial attraction and retention efforts, provide administrative support to boards and commissions, collect and analyze demographic and economic data, assist in implementing redevelopment plans, make presentations to business and community groups, and prepare economic development grant applications.
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1