A small business specialist position has been put on the shelf until the city's 2012 budget picture becomes clearer.
The Employee Relations Committee on Tuesday voted to put the request to create the position on file, which means that no action will be taken at this time but it could be brought up again.
With the city facing a $2.3 million budget shortfall next year and a shortfall of $8 million over five years, there has been concern among some committee members about adding staff. The Budget Committee will start meeting to consider funding requests in September.
Proposed compensation includes a $51,000 to $71,000 salary plus benefits.
The draft job description calls for the holder of the post to provide small business development assistance, coordinate retail and commercial attraction and retention efforts, provide administrative support to boards and commissions, collect and analyze demographic and economic data, assist in implementing redevelopment plans, make presentations to business and community groups, and prepare economic development grant applications.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 10
- J. Crew Mercantile to open store at The Mayfair Collection (1)
- Art gallery featuring work of at-risk youth opens in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 3
- Wednesday house fire causes $100,000 in damage to Tosa home
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 30
- In Brief: July 30
- Streetscape project moves to Tosa's Common Council (2)
- Wauwatosa woman believed to be oldest in state
- A Wauwatosa artist's unique work will be on display at the Firefly Art Fair