A small business specialist position has been put on the shelf until the city's 2012 budget picture becomes clearer.
The Employee Relations Committee on Tuesday voted to put the request to create the position on file, which means that no action will be taken at this time but it could be brought up again.
With the city facing a $2.3 million budget shortfall next year and a shortfall of $8 million over five years, there has been concern among some committee members about adding staff. The Budget Committee will start meeting to consider funding requests in September.
Proposed compensation includes a $51,000 to $71,000 salary plus benefits.
The draft job description calls for the holder of the post to provide small business development assistance, coordinate retail and commercial attraction and retention efforts, provide administrative support to boards and commissions, collect and analyze demographic and economic data, assist in implementing redevelopment plans, make presentations to business and community groups, and prepare economic development grant applications.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (1)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Business Notes: May 28
- Tosa letters to the editor: May 28