Badger CrossFit gym will open Saturday, taking advantage of the growing residential population coming to Wauwatosa's State Street district.
The gym will operate at 1169 62nd St., across the street from The Reserve apartments on State Street. The Enclave apartments broke ground earlier this summer on 62nd Street and the proposed master plan for the Village calls for additional housing units in the area.
The grand opening will include group workouts by owners/trainers Tyler Sullivan and Marc Boff at 1 and 2 p.m., to demonstrate the CrossFit method of "functional fitness." For information, visit BadgerCrossFit.com.
"We perform movements which closely mimic the natural movements we do in everyday life, like squatting every time we get up off a chair or dead-lifting every time we pick something up off the ground," Sullivan said in a news release. "These movements use multiple muscle groups together to help keep you mobile and strong during all stages of your life."
The CrossFit philosophy touts 10 areas that people of all fitness levels should focus on: cardiovascular and respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, agility, balance and accuracy.
In addition to group fitness classes, individual, partner and small group personal training sessions will be offered.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools
- Wauwatosa school board hears proposals for new course offerings