A Milwaukee man who allegedly took a minivan from the service bay at a Wauwatosa automotive center Thursday is facing a felony vehicle theft charge.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Jermaine Russell, 35, approached a technician at Kapusta Brothers & Sons, 6005 W. Vliet St., to ask what was wrong with the Ford Windstar about 9:45 a.m. The vehicle was parked in front of the service bay, where it was to undergo an engine test. It was unlocked with the keys in the ignition.
Russell got into the van, and an employee ordered him to get out. Instead, Russell told the employee off and drove away. He left a girl's bicycle at the auto shop.
Russell was stopped in the minivan at 60th Street and North Avenue. Milwaukee police had been looking for him for a theft that had occurred in their city earlier that morning. He was wearing a shirt taken in the theft and had a bag with metal-cutting snips and a screwdriver in his possession.
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4