A Milwaukee man who allegedly took a minivan from the service bay at a Wauwatosa automotive center Thursday is facing a felony vehicle theft charge.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Jermaine Russell, 35, approached a technician at Kapusta Brothers & Sons, 6005 W. Vliet St., to ask what was wrong with the Ford Windstar about 9:45 a.m. The vehicle was parked in front of the service bay, where it was to undergo an engine test. It was unlocked with the keys in the ignition.
Russell got into the van, and an employee ordered him to get out. Instead, Russell told the employee off and drove away. He left a girl's bicycle at the auto shop.
Russell was stopped in the minivan at 60th Street and North Avenue. Milwaukee police had been looking for him for a theft that had occurred in their city earlier that morning. He was wearing a shirt taken in the theft and had a bag with metal-cutting snips and a screwdriver in his possession.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting