A 31-year-old mom from Wauwatosa was arrested on allegations of child neglect after she left her daughter in a stroller in one of the city's busiest streets last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A driver had to slam on the brakes at 99th Street and North Avenue when she saw a stroller with a baby in it in the middle of North Avenue at 1:16 p.m. July 12. She saw a woman on the sidewalk as she called 911.
When police arrived, the mother was pushing the stroller down the sidewalk, walking with a male friend. She said she had left the stroller next to the curb while she looked for her cell phone in the grass.
Officers noticed she was staggering and recalled a contact with her about a month earlier during which she also seemed impaired. At the time, the baby's grandmother said the mother and her son used drugs.
The mother was wanted on three warrants for theft and driving violations. Police reported the incident to Child Protective Services.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)