A Trader Joe's grocery store, IKEA furniture and a Super Walmart top the list of businesses Wauwatosa residents would like see open their doors here, according to an online survey conducted by the city's economic development department.
The answers show residents want a mix of specific chain businesses and opportunities for small businesses to move in.
Some of the well-known companies on Tosa residents' wish list include: Michaels or Jo-Ann craft stores, Costco wholesale warehouse, Woodman's grocery store and Nordstrom department store and its off-price version Nordstrom Rack. As for dining options, respondents called for an Outback Steakhouse, California Pizza Kitchen and Dunkin Donuts.
Others didn't have a certain provider in mind, but they would sure like to see a tea house, hot dog eatery, Indian restaurant and a stone-fired pizza establishment with entertainment for children and adults.
Some of the recommendations smacked of nostalgia, such as a variety store similar to Drew's, which operated for years in the Village.
Respondents got specific in where they'd like to see certain businesses: a Hallmark greeting card store, bagel shop and Chipotle fast-food restaurant in East Tosa; and Panera restaurant in the Village.
Recreation was on respondents' minds with mentions of a running, bicycling and fitness store in the Village, skate park in Hart Park, an indoor soccer park and horseback riding.
NOW wants to know if that's the extent of Tosa's business wish list - or did your neighbors miss one? Submit a comment and let us know.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Biz Buzz: Corner Bakery, T.J. Maxx, Pizza Man, Camp Bar Tosa, Hue Vietnamese Restaurant
- Business Notes: Oct. 23
- DEA says four Wauwatosa pharmacies used in prescription fraud ring
- T.J. Maxx opening Oct. 30 in Wauwatosa
- Business Spotlight: Designing, contracting go hand in hand for French Country Pine
- Things to Do: Oct. 23
- 500 free winter emergency kits given away at Mayfair tomorrow
- Camp Bar Tosa opens Saturday
- Ask Now: Why are there concrete slabs on North Avenue?
- Early Learners' Class gets 2- and early 3-year-olds ready for school