A Trader Joe's grocery store, IKEA furniture and a Super Walmart top the list of businesses Wauwatosa residents would like see open their doors here, according to an online survey conducted by the city's economic development department.
The answers show residents want a mix of specific chain businesses and opportunities for small businesses to move in.
Some of the well-known companies on Tosa residents' wish list include: Michaels or Jo-Ann craft stores, Costco wholesale warehouse, Woodman's grocery store and Nordstrom department store and its off-price version Nordstrom Rack. As for dining options, respondents called for an Outback Steakhouse, California Pizza Kitchen and Dunkin Donuts.
Others didn't have a certain provider in mind, but they would sure like to see a tea house, hot dog eatery, Indian restaurant and a stone-fired pizza establishment with entertainment for children and adults.
Some of the recommendations smacked of nostalgia, such as a variety store similar to Drew's, which operated for years in the Village.
Respondents got specific in where they'd like to see certain businesses: a Hallmark greeting card store, bagel shop and Chipotle fast-food restaurant in East Tosa; and Panera restaurant in the Village.
Recreation was on respondents' minds with mentions of a running, bicycling and fitness store in the Village, skate park in Hart Park, an indoor soccer park and horseback riding.
NOW wants to know if that's the extent of Tosa's business wish list - or did your neighbors miss one? Submit a comment and let us know.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series