A visitation for Sarah Pease, the Wauwatosa East High School student who inspired the "Sarah Strong" campaign at the school earlier this year, will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Becker Ritter Funeral Home, 14075 W. North Ave.
Sarah died July 3 after a seven-month battle with leukemia. A day later, members of the East band wore "Sarah Strong" T-shirts in her honor in Wauwatosa's Fourth of July parade.
A funeral service for Sarah will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday in the auditorium at East, 7500 W. Milwaukee Ave. A reception will follow from noon to 2 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, the family is asking for donations to be made to the Sarah Strong Scholarship Fund at Wauwatosa East.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Not just a class, but an adventure
- Decision on Mayfair apartment proposal delayed by Wauwatosa plan panel
- Ask NOW: Why all the yellow flags on Wisconsin Avenue in Wauwatosa?
- News & Notes: Dec. 11
- Plumber dragged as he tries to stop tool thieves outside Wauwatosa Home Depot
- Man arrested for exposing himself to woman in Wauwatosa
- Police Report: Dec. 11
- Wauwatosa schedules North Avenue repaving project for summer
- Wauwatosa presents new teacher pay plan
- Wauwatosa School Board honors 11 staff employees for exemplary service