A visitation for Sarah Pease, the Wauwatosa East High School student who inspired the "Sarah Strong" campaign at the school earlier this year, will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Becker Ritter Funeral Home, 14075 W. North Ave.
Sarah died July 3 after a seven-month battle with leukemia. A day later, members of the East band wore "Sarah Strong" T-shirts in her honor in Wauwatosa's Fourth of July parade.
A funeral service for Sarah will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday in the auditorium at East, 7500 W. Milwaukee Ave. A reception will follow from noon to 2 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, the family is asking for donations to be made to the Sarah Strong Scholarship Fund at Wauwatosa East.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)