A visitation for Sarah Pease, the Wauwatosa East High School student who inspired the "Sarah Strong" campaign at the school earlier this year, will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Becker Ritter Funeral Home, 14075 W. North Ave.
Sarah died July 3 after a seven-month battle with leukemia. A day later, members of the East band wore "Sarah Strong" T-shirts in her honor in Wauwatosa's Fourth of July parade.
A funeral service for Sarah will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday in the auditorium at East, 7500 W. Milwaukee Ave. A reception will follow from noon to 2 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, the family is asking for donations to be made to the Sarah Strong Scholarship Fund at Wauwatosa East.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Thousands of items on sale at Wauwatosa Public Library in late October
- Wauwatosa School District to host 'Autism Insights and Strategies'
- Public invited to name baby giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes (1)
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop