A visitation for Sarah Pease, the Wauwatosa East High School student who inspired the "Sarah Strong" campaign at the school earlier this year, will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Becker Ritter Funeral Home, 14075 W. North Ave.
Sarah died July 3 after a seven-month battle with leukemia. A day later, members of the East band wore "Sarah Strong" T-shirts in her honor in Wauwatosa's Fourth of July parade.
A funeral service for Sarah will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday in the auditorium at East, 7500 W. Milwaukee Ave. A reception will follow from noon to 2 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, the family is asking for donations to be made to the Sarah Strong Scholarship Fund at Wauwatosa East.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11
- Fat Tuesday: How Wauwatosa celebrated