Two Wauwatosa businesses got the Common Council's OK to expand on Tuesday.
The Highlands Café will expand into the adjoining vacant storefront at 60th and Vliet streets, allowing seating for 52 people indoors and 20 outdoors.
Meanwhile, Indian Grocery and Spices, 10633 W. North Ave., won approval to relocate and expand into the vacant three-story North Brook Executive Center, 10701 W. North Ave., across the street.
Owner Dinesh Sanghavi cited a growing Indian population in the Milwaukee area as a reason behind the store's need for more space. He will bring plans for exterior building renovations to the city's commercial Design Review Board on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills (1)