Two Wauwatosa businesses got the Common Council's OK to expand on Tuesday.
The Highlands Café will expand into the adjoining vacant storefront at 60th and Vliet streets, allowing seating for 52 people indoors and 20 outdoors.
Meanwhile, Indian Grocery and Spices, 10633 W. North Ave., won approval to relocate and expand into the vacant three-story North Brook Executive Center, 10701 W. North Ave., across the street.
Owner Dinesh Sanghavi cited a growing Indian population in the Milwaukee area as a reason behind the store's need for more space. He will bring plans for exterior building renovations to the city's commercial Design Review Board on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (7)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building