Two Wauwatosa businesses got the Common Council's OK to expand on Tuesday.
The Highlands Café will expand into the adjoining vacant storefront at 60th and Vliet streets, allowing seating for 52 people indoors and 20 outdoors.
Meanwhile, Indian Grocery and Spices, 10633 W. North Ave., won approval to relocate and expand into the vacant three-story North Brook Executive Center, 10701 W. North Ave., across the street.
Owner Dinesh Sanghavi cited a growing Indian population in the Milwaukee area as a reason behind the store's need for more space. He will bring plans for exterior building renovations to the city's commercial Design Review Board on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade