Two Wauwatosa businesses got the Common Council's OK to expand on Tuesday.
The Highlands Café will expand into the adjoining vacant storefront at 60th and Vliet streets, allowing seating for 52 people indoors and 20 outdoors.
Meanwhile, Indian Grocery and Spices, 10633 W. North Ave., won approval to relocate and expand into the vacant three-story North Brook Executive Center, 10701 W. North Ave., across the street.
Owner Dinesh Sanghavi cited a growing Indian population in the Milwaukee area as a reason behind the store's need for more space. He will bring plans for exterior building renovations to the city's commercial Design Review Board on Thursday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Motorcyclist dies after collision on North Avenue in East Tosa
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: Oct. 2
- Hue serving first dinner in Tosa tonight
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Oct. 2
- Business Spotlight: Salamander changed shape, until it took on women's clothing
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Sept. 25
- Voter ID requirement complicates absentee voting in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: Sept. 25
- 'Science Cafes' come to Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus