A 25-year-old mother from Milwaukee was arrested for driving drunk with two children in the car and causing injury to another driver on Wauwatosa Avenue on Monday night.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The woman had been a passenger in a car that her boyfriend was driving. They got into an argument and he pulled over the Chevrolet Monte Carlo - which has a license plate that reads "ENRAGE" - at 87th Street and Watertown Plank Road and walked away.
The woman got behind the wheel and drove off. After awhile she decided to look for him and said she wasn't paying attention to traffic when she crashed the Monte Carlo into a Pontiac Grand Prix in the 2600 block of Wauwatosa Avenue at 8:04 p.m.
She had her kids, ages 7 and 4, in the car, and she smelled of alcohol. Drunken driving with children younger than 16 in the car is a felony. Her blood-alcohol content was 0.12.
The Monte Carlo had a buckled hood and was leaking fluids, while the Grand Prix collided with a building and its hood was crushed. Both vehicles also struck a concrete light pole before re-entering the roadway.
The driver of the Grand Prix, a 20-year-old woman, was taken to Froedtert Hospital for treatment of facial injuries that resulted from the impact of the air bag.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director