A motorcyclist driving faster than 125 mph fled from Menomonee Falls police and crashed after exiting Highway 45 at Capitol Drive in Wauwatosa on Friday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The motorcyclist, a 23-year-old Milwaukee man, struck the curb along the exit ramp, crossed over Capitol Drive and struck the median barrier at 1:36 a.m. Friday. He ran off toward Penzey's Spices but was quickly apprehended.
He was taken to Froedtert Hospital for treatment of his injuries.
He was cited for not having insurance or registration, driving with a suspended license, causing property damage in a hit-and-run accident and failing to maintain control of his vehicle. He was wanted on a warrant in Wauwatosa for driving with a suspended license.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Thousands of items on sale at Wauwatosa Public Library in late October
- Wauwatosa School District to host 'Autism Insights and Strategies'
- Public invited to name baby giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes (1)
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop