A motorcyclist driving faster than 125 mph fled from Menomonee Falls police and crashed after exiting Highway 45 at Capitol Drive in Wauwatosa on Friday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The motorcyclist, a 23-year-old Milwaukee man, struck the curb along the exit ramp, crossed over Capitol Drive and struck the median barrier at 1:36 a.m. Friday. He ran off toward Penzey's Spices but was quickly apprehended.
He was taken to Froedtert Hospital for treatment of his injuries.
He was cited for not having insurance or registration, driving with a suspended license, causing property damage in a hit-and-run accident and failing to maintain control of his vehicle. He was wanted on a warrant in Wauwatosa for driving with a suspended license.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)