A motorcyclist driving faster than 125 mph fled from Menomonee Falls police and crashed after exiting Highway 45 at Capitol Drive in Wauwatosa on Friday morning.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The motorcyclist, a 23-year-old Milwaukee man, struck the curb along the exit ramp, crossed over Capitol Drive and struck the median barrier at 1:36 a.m. Friday. He ran off toward Penzey's Spices but was quickly apprehended.
He was taken to Froedtert Hospital for treatment of his injuries.
He was cited for not having insurance or registration, driving with a suspended license, causing property damage in a hit-and-run accident and failing to maintain control of his vehicle. He was wanted on a warrant in Wauwatosa for driving with a suspended license.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police concealing more information due to federal court ruling
- Summer sizzle brings plenty of entertainment to Wauwatosa
- City needs to fund senior center if it has hopes of a future
- Eschweiler preservation saga not over yet in Wauwatosa
- Roosevelt Elementary students place in dance competition
- Police Report: May 23
- Fire department offers lessons on car seat safety
- $100 million in sewer costs loom over Wauwatosa
- Safe Routes to School in Wauwatosa continues to spread word