Windy days and rain have knocked down some of the American flags hanging along North Avenue.
Richard Bachman, the man who raised the money to purchase the flags, said he's found a few downed flags. But he assumes people have taken a few home.
If flags are found, Bachman asks people to call the Wauwatosa Public Works Department at (414) 479-8933 or drop them off at the Police Department, 1700 N. 116 St.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hazardous waste collection event sets Sept. 12 date
- Tosa Green Summit returns Sept. 12
- Call for Taste of Tosa cupcake and chili registrants
- Wauwatosa West class of '65 to celebrate 50th high school reunion
- Library Recommendations: Sept. 3
- Retired Tosa detective thwarts attempted car thieves, one of whom was 12 (6)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Sept. 7
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3