For the second time in about a week, a 32-year-old Wauwatosa man is facing weapon possession charges.
Three fire arms, 47 knives and a loaded rifle magazine were recovered Sunday afternoon from Jason Falkenstein's bedroom in the basement of his uncle's home in the 2600 block of North 111th Street, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
On Monday, he was charged with misdemeanor carrying a concealed weapon and bail-jumping. He remains in custody while a doctor determines if he is mentally competent to proceed.
Also according to the police report:
Falkenstein's family said he had been acting paranoid, hadn't slept much since his first arrest and was threatening to kill his girlfriend. Since he had been charged for possession of a semi-automatic pistol a week earlier, family members worried he might have access to other weapons.
A search of a duffel bag resulted in one handgun, a revolver and a shotgun. A look through Falkenstein's living space turned up utility, boot, throwing and pocket knives and two magazines - one empty and one filled with ammunition. He was violating the condition of bail that prohibited him possession of dangerous weapons.
Falkenstein also had a knife in his pocket when he was arrested. He was taken to Milwaukee County Mental Health, then to Milwaukee County Jail.
On June 19, Falkenstein repeatedly called family expressing concern for their safety because he thought he was being followed, but he was the driver of the car circling their block. He had a cocked semi-automatic pistol in his car and was ordered out of the car at gunpoint.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police report 200 percent increase in vehicle thefts
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11