Management of Juniper 61 restaurant wants to bring another summer celebration to North Avenue.
Calling it the East Town Get Down, the party would start small with a food, drink and live music under tents in the parking lot from 1 to 8 p.m. Aug. 20. But before the restaurant can start roasting the pig and mixing up the sangria, the city's Legislation, Licensing and Communications Committee has to take up the request Tuesday night to extend its liquor license to the parking lot for the event.
Juniper 61, 6030 W. North Ave., already got the OK from the Board of Public Works last week to hold the outdoor party.
The organizers wanted to keep the inaugural Get Down simple, but they would like to add a family bike ride and involve other East Town businesses in the future.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools
- Wauwatosa school board hears proposals for new course offerings