Management of Juniper 61 restaurant wants to bring another summer celebration to North Avenue.
Calling it the East Town Get Down, the party would start small with a food, drink and live music under tents in the parking lot from 1 to 8 p.m. Aug. 20. But before the restaurant can start roasting the pig and mixing up the sangria, the city's Legislation, Licensing and Communications Committee has to take up the request Tuesday night to extend its liquor license to the parking lot for the event.
Juniper 61, 6030 W. North Ave., already got the OK from the Board of Public Works last week to hold the outdoor party.
The organizers wanted to keep the inaugural Get Down simple, but they would like to add a family bike ride and involve other East Town businesses in the future.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94