Management of Juniper 61 restaurant wants to bring another summer celebration to North Avenue.
Calling it the East Town Get Down, the party would start small with a food, drink and live music under tents in the parking lot from 1 to 8 p.m. Aug. 20. But before the restaurant can start roasting the pig and mixing up the sangria, the city's Legislation, Licensing and Communications Committee has to take up the request Tuesday night to extend its liquor license to the parking lot for the event.
Juniper 61, 6030 W. North Ave., already got the OK from the Board of Public Works last week to hold the outdoor party.
The organizers wanted to keep the inaugural Get Down simple, but they would like to add a family bike ride and involve other East Town businesses in the future.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School