Management of Juniper 61 restaurant wants to bring another summer celebration to North Avenue.
Calling it the East Town Get Down, the party would start small with a food, drink and live music under tents in the parking lot from 1 to 8 p.m. Aug. 20. But before the restaurant can start roasting the pig and mixing up the sangria, the city's Legislation, Licensing and Communications Committee has to take up the request Tuesday night to extend its liquor license to the parking lot for the event.
Juniper 61, 6030 W. North Ave., already got the OK from the Board of Public Works last week to hold the outdoor party.
The organizers wanted to keep the inaugural Get Down simple, but they would like to add a family bike ride and involve other East Town businesses in the future.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?