Remember the drunken man who broke into a Wauwatosa home in April and was found sleeping in the mother's bed?
Her daughter sure does, and when the girl saw him walk up as she played outside with her friends at 3:23 p.m. June 14 she ran away and called 911, according to the Wauwatosa police report.
Also from the report:
The 51-year-old Milwaukee man was walking in the 7300 block of West Garfield Avenue when the girl spotted him. However, he was gone when police arrived.
It didn't take officers long to track him down. He was sitting on a bench in front of Walter's bar, 6930 W. North Ave.
Officers believed he was highly intoxicated and when he stood up they found a bottle of tequila on the bench. He was arrested for possessing open intoxicants in public and the alcohol was poured out. Officers gave the man a ride to an area where a Salvation Army shelter is located.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop
- Large crowd in Wauwatosa gymnasium discusses coyote attacks, seeks answers (1)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Oct. 12
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 8