A Macy's security guard was attacked by two men he suspected of theft Saturday. 2:44 p.m.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two men had their arms full of merchandise and appeared ready to flee the Mayfair location of Macy's about 2:44 p.m. Saturday.
A security guard chased them as they ran out of the store, and the men proceeded to drop all the merchandise at the door, past the point of payment. The agent tackled one of the men, but the other suspect and another man, who ran out of the van that seemed to be waiting for the two theft suspects, attacked the agent. They kicked him in the head and back of the neck until he let go of the man he'd tackled.
All three men got into the van and drove away.
The security guard went to Froedtert Hospital for the treatment of cuts and abrasions on his head, back, arms and legs.
The merchandise, valued collectively at $668, was undamaged and recovered.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fire station site is prime land without a plan
- Tom Thaney enhanced Tose East theater department
- Flight for Life emergency pilots rely on instinct, experience
- Wauwatosa committee approves $80,000 for skate park
- Wauwatosa East students bid farewell to theater director
- Breitlow neighbors again criticize project at School Board meeting
- Wauwatosa School District proposes a 2.31 percent levy increase
- Wauwatosa School District seeks to block UWM charter school
- In Our Schools: June 11
- Hoyt Park beer garden in Wauwatosa likely to operate from 3 to 9 p.m., director says