A Macy's security guard was attacked by two men he suspected of theft Saturday. 2:44 p.m.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two men had their arms full of merchandise and appeared ready to flee the Mayfair location of Macy's about 2:44 p.m. Saturday.
A security guard chased them as they ran out of the store, and the men proceeded to drop all the merchandise at the door, past the point of payment. The agent tackled one of the men, but the other suspect and another man, who ran out of the van that seemed to be waiting for the two theft suspects, attacked the agent. They kicked him in the head and back of the neck until he let go of the man he'd tackled.
All three men got into the van and drove away.
The security guard went to Froedtert Hospital for the treatment of cuts and abrasions on his head, back, arms and legs.
The merchandise, valued collectively at $668, was undamaged and recovered.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade