A Macy's security guard was attacked by two men he suspected of theft Saturday. 2:44 p.m.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two men had their arms full of merchandise and appeared ready to flee the Mayfair location of Macy's about 2:44 p.m. Saturday.
A security guard chased them as they ran out of the store, and the men proceeded to drop all the merchandise at the door, past the point of payment. The agent tackled one of the men, but the other suspect and another man, who ran out of the van that seemed to be waiting for the two theft suspects, attacked the agent. They kicked him in the head and back of the neck until he let go of the man he'd tackled.
All three men got into the van and drove away.
The security guard went to Froedtert Hospital for the treatment of cuts and abrasions on his head, back, arms and legs.
The merchandise, valued collectively at $668, was undamaged and recovered.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern