A Macy's security guard was attacked by two men he suspected of theft Saturday. 2:44 p.m.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two men had their arms full of merchandise and appeared ready to flee the Mayfair location of Macy's about 2:44 p.m. Saturday.
A security guard chased them as they ran out of the store, and the men proceeded to drop all the merchandise at the door, past the point of payment. The agent tackled one of the men, but the other suspect and another man, who ran out of the van that seemed to be waiting for the two theft suspects, attacked the agent. They kicked him in the head and back of the neck until he let go of the man he'd tackled.
All three men got into the van and drove away.
The security guard went to Froedtert Hospital for the treatment of cuts and abrasions on his head, back, arms and legs.
The merchandise, valued collectively at $668, was undamaged and recovered.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chinese Lunar New Year celebration at Mayfair Sunday
- Police to warn against impaired driving on St. Patrick's Day
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- Wauwatosa Common Council approves rezoning for Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure
- In Our Schools: March 5
- Local developer sees opportunity for rebuild of Wauwatosa library, city hall
- Big talk on drugs has macro and micro perspectives at Wauwatosa East
- Wauwatosa library first in state to offer Hoopla video and music streaming
- Ask Now: Why does Aldi have so many handicap parking spaces?