A 32-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for carrying a concealed firearm, violating a gun-free school zone and endangering the safety of others by use of a dangerous weapon.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man called his parents at midnight Sunday, telling them he was concerned people may be trying to harm them. His parents informed police that a dark-colored sedan was circling the block - the 2600 block of North 111th St. - which turned out to be their son.
He began yelling to police, "They're after me." He then told the officer he had a gun, and the officer ordered him out of the car at gunpoint. A semi-automatic gun was found in the car; the hammer was cocked with the safety off.
The gun was not licensed to the man, and it was later learned that the man bought the gun from a cook at a local burger restaurant.
The parents told police the man has been battling drug addiction for some time, and he has been living with his uncle and girlfriend since his parents kicked him out in 2003. His uncle also received a phone call of warning from the man.
The man's blood was drawn to test for the presence of drugs.
An officer presented this case to the district attorney Monday for possible charges.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Two businesses in same building burglarized