A 32-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for carrying a concealed firearm, violating a gun-free school zone and endangering the safety of others by use of a dangerous weapon.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The man called his parents at midnight Sunday, telling them he was concerned people may be trying to harm them. His parents informed police that a dark-colored sedan was circling the block - the 2600 block of North 111th St. - which turned out to be their son.
He began yelling to police, "They're after me." He then told the officer he had a gun, and the officer ordered him out of the car at gunpoint. A semi-automatic gun was found in the car; the hammer was cocked with the safety off.
The gun was not licensed to the man, and it was later learned that the man bought the gun from a cook at a local burger restaurant.
The parents told police the man has been battling drug addiction for some time, and he has been living with his uncle and girlfriend since his parents kicked him out in 2003. His uncle also received a phone call of warning from the man.
The man's blood was drawn to test for the presence of drugs.
An officer presented this case to the district attorney Monday for possible charges.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa parents to ask Sen. Vukmir to restore education funding at forum tonight
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23