Wauwatosa Mayor Jill Didier will hold a campaign fundraiser next week, but she said she's still contemplating whether to run for re-election.
"I should have been holding fundraisers for the last three years, but I haven't because I've been busy," she said.
If Didier does decide to announce her candidacy, she'll have funds available, she said.
"I'm still considering all the options," she said.
The group organizing the fundraiser calls itself Citizens for Jill Didier an they're calling the gathering set for 5 to 7:30 p.m. June 23 at the Rosebud Cinema the "Taste of Tosa."
"For Mayor Didier to continue to be Wauwatosa's mayor, supporting her campaign needs to start now," according to an e-mail circulated to invitees by Rachel Geary, a member of the group.
For a $100 donation, people become reception "hosts." So far the host list includes about a dozen people including developer Sean Phelan, attorney Brian Randall and Plan Commissioner/communications business owner Jody Lowe and former Alderman James Krol.
To attend the reception, admission costs $30 for an individual or $50 per couple, according to invitations being circulated throughout the city. People can also indicate an interest in putting up yard signs, volunteering with the campaign and introducing Didier to a civic organization.
Didier is in her first-term in office as mayor and previously served as alderwoman. The next mayoral election will be held in April 2012.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Dec. 3
- Business Spotlight: Sheeley Service puts the zip in your beverage of choice
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 3
- Hart Park gears up for a busy December
- Wauwatosa West student recognized for photography
- In Brief: Dec. 3
- Election 2016: Ballot roundup for Wauwatosa's spring elections
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Can homeowners dispute sidewalk replacement decisions?
- Everything you need to know about the holiday train's Wauwatosa stop
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Dec. 3