Wauwatosa Mayor Jill Didier will hold a campaign fundraiser next week, but she said she's still contemplating whether to run for re-election.
"I should have been holding fundraisers for the last three years, but I haven't because I've been busy," she said.
If Didier does decide to announce her candidacy, she'll have funds available, she said.
"I'm still considering all the options," she said.
The group organizing the fundraiser calls itself Citizens for Jill Didier an they're calling the gathering set for 5 to 7:30 p.m. June 23 at the Rosebud Cinema the "Taste of Tosa."
"For Mayor Didier to continue to be Wauwatosa's mayor, supporting her campaign needs to start now," according to an e-mail circulated to invitees by Rachel Geary, a member of the group.
For a $100 donation, people become reception "hosts." So far the host list includes about a dozen people including developer Sean Phelan, attorney Brian Randall and Plan Commissioner/communications business owner Jody Lowe and former Alderman James Krol.
To attend the reception, admission costs $30 for an individual or $50 per couple, according to invitations being circulated throughout the city. People can also indicate an interest in putting up yard signs, volunteering with the campaign and introducing Didier to a civic organization.
Didier is in her first-term in office as mayor and previously served as alderwoman. The next mayoral election will be held in April 2012.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11
- Business Notes: Feb. 11