Heroin was sent to a Wauwatosa organization collecting money on behalf of New Jersey police Tuesday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
360 Direct, 12040 W Feerick St., a clearinghouse for nonprofit and charitable organizations, received a shipment for the New Jersey Police Officer Foundation about noon June 7. When opening the envelopes, white powder was found by one of the employees.
The Wauwatosa Police Department contacted police in New Jersey, who said they were familiar with the sender of the envelopes.
The powder - which came in wax bindles stamped in red ink with "White China" or "Cowboy" - tested positive for heroin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- New UWM chancellor is high on Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Mary Linsmeier School closes in Wauwatosa after 50 years
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Dec. 18
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 18
- Older adults mutually gain from tutoring Milwaukee Public School students
- Wauwatosa Public Library kicks off new writing program
- Wauwatosa's Kathy's House sees rising demand for hospital hospitality
- Wauwatosa's State Street Station project sent back to committee
- In Our Schools: Dec. 18, 2014
- Wauwatosa West football field considered for $1.5 million artificial turf upgrade