Heroin was sent to a Wauwatosa organization collecting money on behalf of New Jersey police Tuesday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
360 Direct, 12040 W Feerick St., a clearinghouse for nonprofit and charitable organizations, received a shipment for the New Jersey Police Officer Foundation about noon June 7. When opening the envelopes, white powder was found by one of the employees.
The Wauwatosa Police Department contacted police in New Jersey, who said they were familiar with the sender of the envelopes.
The powder - which came in wax bindles stamped in red ink with "White China" or "Cowboy" - tested positive for heroin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series