Heroin was sent to a Wauwatosa organization collecting money on behalf of New Jersey police Tuesday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
360 Direct, 12040 W Feerick St., a clearinghouse for nonprofit and charitable organizations, received a shipment for the New Jersey Police Officer Foundation about noon June 7. When opening the envelopes, white powder was found by one of the employees.
The Wauwatosa Police Department contacted police in New Jersey, who said they were familiar with the sender of the envelopes.
The powder - which came in wax bindles stamped in red ink with "White China" or "Cowboy" - tested positive for heroin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Public Forum: E-cig rejection based on bias
- Thai-namite plans fall through in East Tosa
- Chili'n on the Ave. is Saturday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Sept. 11
- Chinese students seek brighter futures in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: How to stop medical center employees from smoking on nearby streets
- Developers want city help for Wauwatosa housing project on Underwood Ave.
- Wauwatosa's 10 Days in Tosa is in full swing
- Wauwatosa Plan Commission votes against e-cigarette store
- In retirement, Wauwatosans revive Shakespeare plays