Heroin was sent to a Wauwatosa organization collecting money on behalf of New Jersey police Tuesday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
360 Direct, 12040 W Feerick St., a clearinghouse for nonprofit and charitable organizations, received a shipment for the New Jersey Police Officer Foundation about noon June 7. When opening the envelopes, white powder was found by one of the employees.
The Wauwatosa Police Department contacted police in New Jersey, who said they were familiar with the sender of the envelopes.
The powder - which came in wax bindles stamped in red ink with "White China" or "Cowboy" - tested positive for heroin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)