Parents and caregivers of little ones can make sure car seats are correctly installed in their vehicles at Wauwatosa Fire Station 1, 1601 Underwood Ave., on Thursday.
The Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin Coalition will host a free Booster and Car Seat Safety Check from 3 to 6 p.m. Statistics show that more than 90 percent of car seats are not properly installed, which put kids in danger.
Certified car seat technicians will make certain seats are correctly installed and that they are appropriate for the age and size of the child. No appointments are necessary.
For information, go to chw.org/carseats.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options