Parents and caregivers of little ones can make sure car seats are correctly installed in their vehicles at Wauwatosa Fire Station 1, 1601 Underwood Ave., on Thursday.
The Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin Coalition will host a free Booster and Car Seat Safety Check from 3 to 6 p.m. Statistics show that more than 90 percent of car seats are not properly installed, which put kids in danger.
Certified car seat technicians will make certain seats are correctly installed and that they are appropriate for the age and size of the child. No appointments are necessary.
For information, go to chw.org/carseats.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound? (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8
- Video: Wauwatosa man makes 'miracle' recovery after dying for 8 minutes (2)
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Council mistaken in not funding Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa officials could soon participate in meetings via computer
- Work at State Street Station in Wauwatosa has neighbors rattled (5)
- Wauwatosa students win dozens of awards from Alliance for Young Artists & Writers