Parents and caregivers of little ones can make sure car seats are correctly installed in their vehicles at Wauwatosa Fire Station 1, 1601 Underwood Ave., on Thursday.
The Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin Coalition will host a free Booster and Car Seat Safety Check from 3 to 6 p.m. Statistics show that more than 90 percent of car seats are not properly installed, which put kids in danger.
Certified car seat technicians will make certain seats are correctly installed and that they are appropriate for the age and size of the child. No appointments are necessary.
For information, go to chw.org/carseats.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa students hit same average ACT score as last year
- Wauwatosa health department addresses residents' 'excessive' drinking
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest; Aug. 21
- News and Notes: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- Construction underway on Hart Park Pavilion
- Wauwatosa pastor defends political speech in federal court case
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words