Parents and caregivers of little ones can make sure car seats are correctly installed in their vehicles at Wauwatosa Fire Station 1, 1601 Underwood Ave., on Thursday.
The Safe Kids Southeast Wisconsin Coalition will host a free Booster and Car Seat Safety Check from 3 to 6 p.m. Statistics show that more than 90 percent of car seats are not properly installed, which put kids in danger.
Certified car seat technicians will make certain seats are correctly installed and that they are appropriate for the age and size of the child. No appointments are necessary.
For information, go to chw.org/carseats.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop
- Large crowd in Wauwatosa gymnasium discusses coyote attacks, seeks answers (7)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Oct. 12
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 8