A 22-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested at Macy's at Mayfair for retail theft and battery, after attacking a security guard Wednesday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
She had put merchandise in her bag, but when the security guard confronted her about 5 p.m. she got upset and started to flail her arms, so the guard tried to put her in a "bear hug." She began to resist and scream.
She punched and kicked him in his legs and then bit his wrist and upper leg, refusing to let go. The guard hit her on the head to try to get her to stop. The security guard suffered swelling and bleeding from the attack.
The woman has had several prior incidents of resisting arrest, and she will be going to the district attorney's office Friday. She is accused of attempting to steal $290 in clothing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options