A 22-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested at Macy's at Mayfair for retail theft and battery, after attacking a security guard Wednesday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
She had put merchandise in her bag, but when the security guard confronted her about 5 p.m. she got upset and started to flail her arms, so the guard tried to put her in a "bear hug." She began to resist and scream.
She punched and kicked him in his legs and then bit his wrist and upper leg, refusing to let go. The guard hit her on the head to try to get her to stop. The security guard suffered swelling and bleeding from the attack.
The woman has had several prior incidents of resisting arrest, and she will be going to the district attorney's office Friday. She is accused of attempting to steal $290 in clothing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police will host OWI Task Force deployment
- Tosa author publishes children's book based on real life encounters with mouse
- Wauwatosa officers return to work after weeks of administrative leave following shooting death (2)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Sept. 3
- Common council OKs addition of right turn lane at Burleigh Street onto Mayfair Road
- Tosa's Safe Routes to School unveils new safety features in high foot traffic areas
- Ask Now: Is there going to be a park and ride lot on Watertown Plank Road?
- Annual '10 Days in Tosa' promises dining steals, good eats
- In Brief: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa students get a taste of Germany through trip abroad