A 22-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested at Macy's at Mayfair for retail theft and battery, after attacking a security guard Wednesday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
She had put merchandise in her bag, but when the security guard confronted her about 5 p.m. she got upset and started to flail her arms, so the guard tried to put her in a "bear hug." She began to resist and scream.
She punched and kicked him in his legs and then bit his wrist and upper leg, refusing to let go. The guard hit her on the head to try to get her to stop. The security guard suffered swelling and bleeding from the attack.
The woman has had several prior incidents of resisting arrest, and she will be going to the district attorney's office Friday. She is accused of attempting to steal $290 in clothing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa students win Destination Imagination awards
- Celebrate Earth Day by sprucing up Tosa green spaces
- Wauwatosa United Methodist Church make PB&J sandwiches for meal program
- Business loan program use picks up with economy
- Fire Department hopes to start home safety visits
- Police Reports: April 22
- Longfellow Middle School's theater director retires on 'Disney's Little Mermaid, Jr.'
- Reading incentives help prevent 'summer slide' at Wauwatosa East
- Ask NOW: What can be done about pet owners that don't clean up 'droppings'?
- WPA seeking assistant program director