The parent of a Lincoln Elementary School student who said he was disciplined by spending 35 minutes in a storage closet has decided not to press charges and allow the school district to handle the situation.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
In early May a student alleged a music teacher had grabbed him by the back of his shirt, scratching him and accidentally hitting his head on a rail before making him spend class time in the closet. He had been disruptive during class with another student who was sent to the cafeteria, the boy told police. The principal and School Board were made aware of the allegation and other issues between the teacher and student.
On Wednesday the boy's father told police he was going to leave it up to the school district how to deal with the teacher.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety