The parent of a Lincoln Elementary School student who said he was disciplined by spending 35 minutes in a storage closet has decided not to press charges and allow the school district to handle the situation.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
In early May a student alleged a music teacher had grabbed him by the back of his shirt, scratching him and accidentally hitting his head on a rail before making him spend class time in the closet. He had been disruptive during class with another student who was sent to the cafeteria, the boy told police. The principal and School Board were made aware of the allegation and other issues between the teacher and student.
On Wednesday the boy's father told police he was going to leave it up to the school district how to deal with the teacher.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Spotlight: Jan Kelly's Meritage is Milwaukee born
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: When will the fence at Hartung Park be removed?
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 9
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 9
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 28-July 4
- Wauwatosa Meetings: July 9
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 13
- Meijer announces opening date in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa to participate in "Click It or Ticket" enforcement
- Tosa East student completes leadership program at Yale University