The parent of a Lincoln Elementary School student who said he was disciplined by spending 35 minutes in a storage closet has decided not to press charges and allow the school district to handle the situation.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
In early May a student alleged a music teacher had grabbed him by the back of his shirt, scratching him and accidentally hitting his head on a rail before making him spend class time in the closet. He had been disruptive during class with another student who was sent to the cafeteria, the boy told police. The principal and School Board were made aware of the allegation and other issues between the teacher and student.
On Wednesday the boy's father told police he was going to leave it up to the school district how to deal with the teacher.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa girl scouts help feed the hungry this Thanksgiving
- Ask Now: Why the fancy drain at Hart Park? (2)
- In Brief: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa library announces campaign to give students study space
- In our schools