The parent of a Lincoln Elementary School student who said he was disciplined by spending 35 minutes in a storage closet has decided not to press charges and allow the school district to handle the situation.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
In early May a student alleged a music teacher had grabbed him by the back of his shirt, scratching him and accidentally hitting his head on a rail before making him spend class time in the closet. He had been disruptive during class with another student who was sent to the cafeteria, the boy told police. The principal and School Board were made aware of the allegation and other issues between the teacher and student.
On Wednesday the boy's father told police he was going to leave it up to the school district how to deal with the teacher.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rollover crash shuts down southbound Highway 45 in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Oct. 2
- Motorcyclist dies after collision on North Avenue in East Tosa
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: Oct. 2
- Hue serving first dinner in Tosa tonight
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Oct. 2
- Business Spotlight: Salamander changed shape, until it took on women's clothing
- Wauwatosa Police Reports: Sept. 25
- Voter ID requirement complicates absentee voting in Wauwatosa