Wauwatosa School District administrators will present the district's 2011-12 budget at the School Board meeting at 7 p.m. Monday at the Fisher Building, 12121 W. North Ave.
District officials said earlier this spring that Wauwatosa could have faced a budget shortfall of $7 million if the cuts proposed in the state biennial budget are not offset by savings in the budget-repair bill.
Interim agreements with the district's unions and non-represented employees - including a pay freeze for 2011-12, higher retirement contributions and participation in a high-deductible health-care plan - are expected to save the district millions of dollars. The agreement with the teachers alone is expected to save Wauwatosa $4 million.
The School Board also will vote on an interim agreement with the final group of unionized employees, the district's administrative assistants.
Monday's agenda and background materials can be found <a href="http://www.wauwatosa.k12.wi.us/cms_files/resources/June_13_Agenda%20with%20attachments.pdf"> here</a>.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- wnt_materialwaste_0903 .now.com
- Tosa Green Summit returns Sept. 12
- Call for Taste of Tosa cupcake and chili registrants
- Wauwatosa West class of '65 to celebrate 50th high school reunion
- Library Recommendations: Sept. 3
- Retired Tosa detective thwarts attempted car thieves, one of whom was 12 (5)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Sept. 7
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3